- This event has passed.
Data Protection and Cyber Risk
August 1 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Date: 1st Aug 2019
Venue: Lifelong Learning Institute, Arena 1 & 2
3pm-4pm: Mike Krishnan, Business Advisor of SME Centre @SMCCI
It is vital for companies in Singapore to understand the scope of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) and the possible impact on the operations of a business. Join Mike Krishnan, Business Advisor of SME Centre @SMCCI, as he shares the following:
- Overview of PDPA and its applications
- Business obligations and responsibilities on PDPA
- Repercussions of non-compliance with PDPA
4pm-4:30pm: Data Protection and Cyber Risk by Sebastian Phua, Financial Lines Manager, Delta Insurance
Prior to Delta Singapore, Sebastian has worked for DUAL Asia for 5 years, managing and underwriting a profitable financial lines portfolio on behalf of MSIG Insurance and Lloyd’s capacities. Focuses on Singapore as well as inwards Reinsurance within the Asia region. Portfolio products include Directors and Officers Insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Investment Manager insurance, Crime Insurance, Financial Institutions and Cyber Liability Insurance. His role also includes being a Cyber Manager, responsible for the cyber portfolio performance and referral across the Asia region.\
Did you know that according to a survey done recently, 56% of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore have experienced a cyber attack in the last 12 months? In addition, 64% of SMEs surveyed do not completely understand the options available to mitigate this risk. Cyber attacks hurt SMEs the most. They are most likely to suffer reputational damage to their brand and risk losing their business due to lack of resources.
Join Sebastian Phua, Financial Lines Manager, from Delta Insurance, as he sheds light on the following:
- Ongoing cyber threats and how your company can avoid these pitfalls
- identify who is at risk and the weakest link in the company
- Ways to mitigate risk for your company
- Case studies – lessons learnt from cyber security incidents
4:30pm-5:00pm: Identity theft on the internet – The 5W1H by Tony Sim, Founder of Link Hub Asia Pte Ltd
Many are currently in the process of digitally transforming their companies and cybersecurity is one of the key component of digital transformation. In this session we will address the vital questions in the minds of all business owners:
- Why the need for Cybersecurity ?
- Who are the masterminds and who are the targets?
- How and when will Cybersecurity threats most likely to happen?
- How ready or how secure am I?
* Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, contact Janaga at 6293 3822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.