- This event has passed.
[Human Resource Series] Rocket-boost Your Business: How HR Agility Can Drive Business Growth
June 16, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Date: 16 June 2021
Time: 3pm – 5pm
Session 1: Rocket-boost Your Business: How HR Agility Can Drive Business Growth:
1. Emerging Trends of the 21st Century and Beyond
- Hybrid working world with technology – a need to rethink technology’s impact on culture and performance; team building and standards for behaviour and interaction in a virtual environment.
- Emergence of the Gig Economy – an economy which is based on flexible, temporary or freelance jobs; it can benefit workers and businesses by making work more adaptable and flexible (knowledge-based gigs vs service-based ones)
- Enhancing the employee experience – staying abreast of the demands of the new Millennials and Gen Z (from recruitment through the whole career journey)
- Striking a balance between machines and workers – what is the augmented workforce and how will it boost productivity and still cater for ‘essential human skills’?
2. What are the benefits and uncertainties for a business?
- An erosion of the traditional economic relationships between workers, businesses and clients
- Benefits: Lower labour costs, flexible staffing
- Uncertainty: Is your business ready to accommodate a model of ever-changing personnel?
3. How can you design a strategy to achieve your business goals? (the role of both HR and Management)
4. How can HR enable businesses to continue to succeed in this uncertain environment?
- HR at a new tempo: fast, adaptable, available: A rethinking of the entire workforce cycle – recruitment, performance management, learning and development, employee retention
- Redefining the roles of employees – deconstructing jobs in your organisation (task-oriented work)
- Build in measurement systems to better analyse gig work and hybrid work – need robust analytic platforms that have insight and value paths
- Smart technologies eg. AI, robotics, cloud-tech, mobile
- HR’s role is in being an early adopter + change management/overcoming opposition
- HR and leaders to create a culture of innovation/embracing change – engaging your employees from different generations
Bonus: Talent Management in a Post-Pandemic World by Sneha Menon, Senior Business Advisor of SME Centre @SMCCI
The pandemic has been rather forceful in changing the way of work. This change is evolving and in tandem, are the HR practice trends too. Regardless of employment size, all organisations should prepare to adapt to new mindsets towards talent attraction, talent management and employer branding. Join us to find out more about the critical contributions that HR makes to business continuity and recovery.
- An overview on new trends in talent attraction and talent management
- Developing an understanding of the data to be collected and communicated for organisational success
- Implementing a culture of reliance and agility within an organisation
- Defining the role and key contributions of Human Resources policy and practice towards business continuity planning
For more information, contact Arliana at firstname.lastname@example.org.